Shopping for a cement truck insurance broker used to be hard, but we’ve made the process easy. Just fill out one form and we get you in touch with three agents at once.
Introduction to Cement Truck Insurance Brokers
Cement trucks mix together cement, aggregate, and water to form the concrete used in buildings, sidewalks, monuments, and sculptures. While this process seems harmless enough, it results in countless accidents and injuries every year.
- Cement dust regularly comes in contact with cement truck drivers and chutemen, causing eye and skin irritation and respiratory tract infections.
- When backing up, cement mixing trucks require precise maneuvering. Collisions at the plant, on the road, and at the delivery site are very common.
- Cement trucks also have terrible blindspots. Workers at construction sites are often hit by cement mixers as they back up.
- Cement mixer truck drivers are on a tight schedule. If the mixer breaks down or can’t make it to the work site for whatever reason, the concrete in the drum hardens, creating a huge headache.
A cement truck insurance broker can help you find a policy that protects you against all these disasters and others.
What to Look For in a Cement Mixer Insurance Broker
Not all cement mixer insurance brokers will offer you equal policies. When comparing policies between brokers, there are four things you should be looking for.
- The Insurance Company’s Reputation. Does the insurance company have a solid rating? Are customer reviews favorable? Does the company have a history working with contractors and construction businesses? You don’t want to realize you have an incomplete or shoddy policy after an accident occurs. So do your research!
- Complete Coverage. Are there any glaring gaps in your policy? Every cement mixer truck should be covered with a commercial automotive liability limit of at least $1,000,000. You should also consider physical damage protection and uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.
- Quick Response Time. After an accident, is your insurance company there to help? Ask your broker if the company provides claims service 24/7.
- Bundled Coverage. Does the company also offer other coverages your business needs? Oftentimes, one broker can get your cement mixer and your business insured at the same time. This will save you money.
How to Keep a Low Rate on Cement Truck Insurance
There are two big things construction companies and private contractors can do to keep their insurance rate low. Be safe and renew coverage regualarly.
This might be common sense, but it’s worth repeating. A safe business pays less for cement truck insurance than a business that constantly has accidents. There are several things business owners can teach their drivers if they want to reduce workplace hazards. Some examples:
- Be careful when loading out the chute. Watch your hands and fingers.
- Beware of hot surfaces on the truck and other equipment.
- Wear protective eye-ware around the concrete during loading and unloading
- Guard against heat exhaustion and silica exposure when a driver is cleaning out the mixing drum.
New ventures are wise to shop around, but this goes for established businesses as well. Every few years, you should renegotiate your insurance rate. When you neglect to search for new insurance, your old insurance company will take the liberty of slowly increasing your premium.
Now it’s easier than ever to shop for cement mixer insurance. Just fill out one form and we connect you with three agents who will compete for your business.